Reports To : Global Business Director
Responsible for generating sales revenue and margin growth in the Food Ingredients business unit for territories under distribution in Europe.
Markets under distribution partnership (current) :
- Spain & Portugal
- Markets to be developed under distribution dependent on business strategy:
- UK & Ireland
- Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania and Slovakia)
- North Europe (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)
- DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
In markets currently under distribution, support and develop Channel Partners to reach maximum sales potential and sustained growth. For markets to be penetrated, to identify and develop Channel Partners for defined market segments and cultivate key customer relationships in those markets. Proactively drive export sales via channel partner management initiatives.
- This position reports to the Global Business Director.
- The jobholder will be required to aggressively build up the business within the stated geography and will have a high degree of independence and work with minimum supervision.
- He/She will be required to draw up both short term and long-term sales plans for the geography and identify and/or develop channel partners and support end-customers.
- He/She will be required to successfully manage existing Channel Partners/Distributors against agreed KPIs and appoint new agents/distributors.
- The job holder will continuously strive to achieve outstanding customer service leading to customer retention, with minimum sales and service cost required to achieve this.
- The job holder will have an excellent understanding of the customer’s applications, and is able to translate the company’s product features to benefit the customers.
- The incumbent will work closely with the Knowledge & Discovery Application Team to proactively innovate and respond to market needs, implement product improvement plans and solve customer issues.
- A key success factor of this job is inter-personal skills and relationship building – both internally and externally.
- The job holder will, through personal example during customer visits, actively assist in the process of developing the selling skills of the Channel Partner’s sales network, and/or junior sales executives.
- The job holder will seek to develop relationships and network with senior personnel at key customers and use the relationships to develop sales, the elevate the corporate brand and the company’s overall level of industry knowledge.
- Aim to achieve outstanding customer / Channel Partner service performance as measured by monthly customer/business performance metrics, proactively building long term profitable relationships with key customers and distributors as measured by annual reviews.
- The job holder will identify trends in the industry, market and the application segment.
- The job will require a willingness to spend extended periods of time away from base office.
- A further key element of the job is the day-to-day organisation and management of product pricing, forecasting and ensuring levels of overall customer service and performance against agreed targets for annual sales growth, profit and customer satisfaction are achieved.
- He/she must be proactive in debtor management by ensuring timely payment of invoices by customers to achieve the credit days target agreed.
- The job requires a strong technical understanding of the products, their features and benefits in the various applications within the relevant industries.
PRINCIPLE QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- The person must have tertiary degree in Chemistry, Food Technology or a related science.
- Selling experience is essential with a proven track record of success. A non-science background will be considered only if the candidate possesses sufficient work experience (commercial and technical) of no less than 10 years in related Food Ingredient industries.
- A good knowledge of products and their applications with good market understanding and contacts (with key customers and distributors) is desirable with at least 5 years relevant industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills, good command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Fluency in other European languages is an added advantage to operate successfully in a diverse market.
- A self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision. The job holder will have to operate in a variety of cultural and multifunctional areas and be prepared to travel. Prior experience in a regional role will be beneficial.
- Self-confidence, strong interpersonal skills and commercial acumen are required due to high level of interaction with different levels within the customers’ organisation to inspire credibility, and develop relationships.
- 5-day work week (Flexible Working Hours)
- Attractive allowances & benefits
- Transparent, KPI driven bonuses
- Career advancement opportunities for deserving employees
- In-depth and hands-on training provided